Wednesday, October 6, 2010
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Good things about Will being gone for two weeks:
1. It takes 2 seconds to make the bed.
2. I cook one dinner and it's enough to feed us for two nights.
3. Way less laundry.
4. I don't have to fumble around trying to get dressed in the dark in the morning because he's still asleep.
5. I'm watching old Brat Pack movies and/or America's Next Top Model every night that he's gone.
6. No obligation to make potatoes with dinner.
7. No one yelling "shut the door! I'm freezing" from the shower if I go in to brush my teeth.
8. I haven't had to hear a single story about cars or computers.
9. I broke out the "girly" soap for the shower.
10. The house has stayed clean.
The Bad things about Will being gone for two weeks:
1. Tag team parenting doesn't work with just one parent.
3. Yeah, so I guess that's the only bad thing.
The Ugly Things about Will being gone for two weeks:
1. I haven't (and likely won't) shave my legs.
2. Who needs make up when you don't leave the house for days at a time?
3. I've got big plans for a homemade avocado and yogurt skin and hair treatment this week.
4. I've been exercising in my underwear. In the garage. Yeah, take that mental picture to bed with you tonight.
5. Yoga pants and slippers, all day every day.
Posted by Brandi at 9:18 PM